Saturday 27 September 2008

Cleaning up in Beechwood

Last week saw our first planning meeting for a "Week of Action" in the Beechwood estate area of my ward. This is a small bit of Cressington that could, in fact, be really nice but which suffers from dumping, anti social behaviour etc and which means the lives of the people there are effectively blighted. My colleagues - Peter Millea, Richard Oglethorpe - and I have been agitating for some action in that area. And on Thursday, Richard and I joined representatives from agencies and the council to draw up some plans. All being well there will be a "Week of Action" next month. Once the plans are finalised I'll post more details here. Meanwhile, if you live in that area and have a suggestion, please let me know by e mailing me on my council e mail - paula.keaveney@liverpool.gov.uk or by getting in touch by mail or phone. The other details are at www.liverpool.gov.uk in the Councillors section

No comments: