Sunday 13 September 2009

Genie in the Gutter event

Yesterday I popped in to a really interesting arts event at the "bombed out church" in Liverpool. Organised by local charity Genie in the Gutter it was a mix of performance, film, exhibition and actual creation. The Church is kept open by arts organisation Urban Strawberry Lunch. I hadn't actually been in there before and it is well worth a look. The Genie in the Gutter organisation is also well worth finding out about. It's basically film, drama etc involving people with substance and alcohol abuse problems.

1 comment:

Barbara Mace said...

I also attended this event ansd thought it was brilliant. Although I work near St Luke's church I had never been in the building itself before.

Thanks also Paula for the plug for the Galdstone Roscoe Lecture

Barbara