Thursday 8 April 2010

Equality Pledge

When you are a Parliamentary Candidate you get contacted not just by constituents with questions but by all sorts of organisations either asking for views or for support. Actually its a great chance to talk about some big issues and principles that sometimes get lost in the minutiae of campaigning.

Over the last few weeks I've been in contact with some really great organisations and campaigns. It's impossible to talk about them all but I'll try to blog about some of the issues that are particularly important to me.

I want today to highlight the Equality Pledge. There's lots of evidence to show that a society that is more equal means better mental health, higher overal quality of living and so on. So today I signed the Equality Pledge which is organised by this organisation. Hopefully more candidates will sign up as this is one of those topics which we all ought to concentrate on.

No comments: