Thursday 16 September 2010

Why was no one there?

Back in July the City Council decided to have half an hour set aside at the start of each Full Council for Public Statements and questions etc. A version of this had in fact always existed but it was at the discretion of the Lord Mayor and not very formalised.

Having agreed to identify part of the agenda for this purpose however, the Council then managed to do absolutely nothing to publicise it, with the result that there were no applications to speak at last night's meeting.

Obviously something like this takes a while to get known (although people seemed aware of the previous opportunities)but we all need to do something to make sure that the message gets out.

If you want to know more about how this works, do please drop me an e mail and if I can't answer it myself I will forward it on to someone who can. My e mail is
paula.keaveney@liverpool.gov.uk

No comments: