I'm pasting below an advertisment for what sounds like a great scheme for 16 or 17 year olds with few exam passes but with a willingness to learn.
It's a pre apprenticeship training scheme with Liverpool University which is part course and part work placement.
There's an information event in early August but they won't take any applications after 31 July so the deadline is quite tight. Anyway, there's a phone number towards the end of the pasted on bit for enquiries.
(pasted on info from Liverpool University and partners starts here)
Are you aged 16-17 (Not in Employment, Education or Training) and interested in working for a major local employer?
University of Liverpool in partnership with Liverpool City Council and City of Liverpool College are to launch an exciting new programme, generating a range of opportunities to undertake administrative and practical activities in the University’s different departments.
• 24 week Pre-apprenticeship commencing September 2013 and finishing March 2014
• Opportunities for a paid Work Placement in University Departments
What you can expect
• Whilst in work placement to be paid £3.68/hour
• 12 week College based Study Programme working towards a level 1 qualification
• 12 week paid “Work Placement” in the University.
• Guaranteed progression interviews for all candidates
Who we are looking for?
We are looking to recruit 30 young people who:
• Are dependable, reliable & have a willingness to learn
• Have good interpersonal skills & enjoy being a team player
• Listen to others, treating them with respect and generosity
• Have or expect to have GCSE Grades D - F
Applications and expression of interest from black, minority and disabled groups will be most welcome.
How to apply for these opportunities Application Packs – to be available at Information Event only!
Please book to attend Information Presentation by ringing Hotline Number 0845 013 1515 You will need to provide your full name, age, address and contactable phone number
Presentation: 2.00pm – 5.00pm on 6th August 2013 at the City of Liverpool College, Arts Centre, Myrtle Street, Liverpool L7 7JA Bookings will not be taken later than 31st July 2013.